The Honda Talon 1000 Forum
Cruizin

What have you done to your Talon today?

Cruizin

Install something? Fix something? Share it here in this thread! 

• Like 1

Cruizin

Nothing to share, folks? Im like the only one taking time to post anything, getting kinda lonely on here!

Hammer

I have been waiting for my front bumper to get here so I can get my winch mounted up! I am sitting on the Honda switch panel and winch mount kit as well as a Warn 4500lb winch. Honda is slow right now about getting accessories built and shipped out, I've been waiting for 6 weeks now and just got a email saying it would be 3 more weeks.....I expected that Honda would be more on top of things.

• Like 1

Duffstuff

Since I’m waiting on my accessories. I decided to start going over the Talon. Just getting familiar with things. I’ve noticed I’m missing a rubber grommet for the hood. I took pictures of missing and existing one for reference.  I thought I’d mark the minimum and maximum coolant lines for easy reading.  I notice it seems low on coolant. Going around the back of the Talon. I noticed one of the Allen screws not completely snugged in the plastic shield above the exhaust. Simple little things. Just hope I’m not going to find other simple little things. It’s a great sxs I’m not complaining just taking notes. Time to check oils and see how they are. 

C3D21563-4CD0-4220-AD8B-6C66321C5DEB.jpeg

1DBF835C-8FB7-41BC-8865-40DC71D2A20D.jpeg

4571247E-20E2-4AAC-B976-C28930FE2C6B.jpeg

• Like 3

Hammer

Well today Flowmaster exhaust picked up my Talon to take to their shop for some R&D! I will have it back by Friday with a custom exhaust! I'm excited to see what they come up with!

• Like 2

Cruizin
4 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Well today Flowmaster exhaust picked up my Talon to take to their shop for some R&D! I will have it back by Friday with a custom exhaust! I'm excited to see what they come up with!

that is freaking awesome! Ask em if they would like to be a supporting vendor of the forum, they'll get killer advertising and their own board to talk to the members. 

See if they can give you some dyno charts to share! 

• Like 1

Hammer

I will see what they have to say! They have been trying to find a machine to mock up and do some R&D. It turns out I have a friend that is buddies  with some of the guys that work there and he give them my number. I didn't even know they had a shop in Hayden Lake.

• Like 1

Cruizin
7 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I will see what they have to say! They have been trying to find a machine to mock up and do some R&D. It turns out I have a friend that is buddies  with some of the guys that work there and he give them my number. I didn't even know they had a shop in Hayden Lake.

I didn't know they were in Hayden Lake either. I can help them sell a ton of exhausts. I have a Vendor on the motorcycle forums who has sold thousands thanks to the forums. Especially if they can knock a lil off the price for forum members. 

• Like 1

Hammer
Posted (edited)

Here's a sneak peak of the exhaust  that Flowmaster is building for my Talon! I can't wait to get my buggy back!

FullSizeR.jpg

FullSizex.jpg

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 3

Doc - TEAM WAX
Posted (edited)

The flowmaster gig rocks..!!!  I have installed harness's, rearview mirror, half windshield, and lower door panels to my R. Not planning on doing much more. But an exhaust upgrade would be sweet..!!!

Edited by Doc - TEAM WAX
  • Like 2

Duffstuff
Posted (edited)

Going to be hooking up Honda winch mounting plate and winch. Any one have some advice or video if installing the Honda materials. Some are saying I need to order Honda bumper. But I’ve seen it mounted on the stock bumper. Thanks 

Edited by Duffstuff
  • Like 1

Hammer
Posted (edited)

I will have it back tomorrow! I will take a few more pictures, I'm liking what I see and they said 27% better flow vs stock! Should be a noticeable diffrence!

FullSizeR.jpg

20190524_154923.jpg

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 3

Doc - TEAM WAX

Here is a simple solution to keep mud away from your Talon gas cap. I installed this before the lower door install. Just a piece of thin rubber and 2 Honda plastic pins.

0524190956.jpg

• Like 1

Phantomdriver

Posted windshield pic in another area. Any case purchased through Super ATV. Tinted version easy install...

IMG-1551.JPG

• Like 1

Phantomdriver
On 5/23/2019 at 6:48 PM, Hammer said:

I will have it back tomorrow! I will take a few more pictures, I'm liking what I see and they said 27% better flow vs stock! Should be a noticeable diffrence!

FullSizeR.jpg

20190524_154923.jpg

Can you post video with it running when completed? 

• Like 1

Phantomdriver

System Looks nice. Does it sound as nice as it looks??

• Like 1

Hammer

It sounds really good!! I will try and get a video next time out!

• Like 1

Phantomdriver
Posted (edited)

Well any exhaust noise yet? Installed lower door panels from Honda went real easy great fit. The exhaust question is directed to Hammer

Edited by Phantomdriver